The main reasons why I encourage my clients to really consider changing their domain names that are already hosted by other providers (i.e.: GoDaddy or Crazy Domains) to also be with Brad at XYZulu hosting (even if they have only just renewed with their current provider) include the following:
- The domain and hosting is all in one place – it is easier for clients to avoid forgetting to renew etc
- Makes it easier for the XYZulu, the preferred hosting provider, to manage the websites’ DNS records
- (Note: Domain Name Servers are important to websites as it adds an extra layer of security – DNS enhances the security of DNS infrastructure, required for effective, secure updates)
- (Extra Note: DNS is also probably something you need to be aware of as a website owner because it links the domain name to the IP –> internet criminals exploit weaknesses here by using fake records to trick your precious potential clients into visiting fraudulent websites, downloading malicious software, and worse)
- plus XYZulu do these vital security measures for free if the domain is with XYZulu – not something that is always included with the hosting of domain names!
- XYZulu run all domains they manage through ‘Cloudflare’, which speeds up their website and helps to protect it –> this is not always possible if the domain is elsewhere
- For eligible domains (not .com.au) XYZulu offer free domain privacy (other providers often charge for this) which hides the customers’ identity so their email address, phone and address are not visible on the internet –> meaning less spam etc.
- We offer free email forwarding if they customer just wants an email address at their domain to forward to another email account they already have
Now it is totally up to the client of course, but Brad and I are here to make the ongoing management of your website into the future as easy and least expensive as possible.
If you are a business owner wanting to streamline your business processes and are low on time this is honestly the best path to take. Even though it may cost slightly more, in the long-term the cost/time/stress associated with your websites’ maintenance/security is drastically lower. All websites are bound to run into issues down the track, it is part of owning and maintaining a website. XYZulu include many of their services as part of their monthly/yearly fee – and you don’t need to engage a web designer in an hourly rate to help, the client turns straight to Brad at XYZulu who is the fastest and the best in the business!
A common problem my clients face with websites after the web design build is complete and they decide not to change to XYZulu is that they see the website not load correctly, i.e.: no images and the text comes up in a basic font – this is because the software is not updated. Unfortunately, this does take me time for me to do so I do have to charge for these services, however, this service charge can be avoided if the client goes with XYZulu as this is all part of their competitive hosting fee:
- They automate updates and backups and also run the site through Cloudflare so that clients’ websites have extra protection and loads are spread in the event of high levels of traffic.
- Brad at XYZulu gets an alert if the website is out of date and is not loading correctly – the alert is triggered (saying the website is down), and Brad is able to look into it asap.
This is a big plus for clients also as they do not have to constantly monitor their website for possible glitches and website software updates. It is all about a hands-off approach for myself and my clients, definitely worth the small extra amount for hosting and domain name services with XYZulu – see their hosting pricing and packages.
Let me know if you have any questions about this, we are here to help you – in a way you understand!